Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
December 2, 2016
Stillaguamish River and tributaries to close to fishing
Action: Close the Stillaguamish River, North and South Forks of the Stillaguamish River, and Canyon and Pilchuck Creek, to fishing.
Species affected: Trout and other game fish.
Locations and effective date:
The closure is in effect Dec. 5, 2016 through Jan. 31, 2017, in the following locations:
- Stillaguamish River: Closed from Marine Drive (South of Stanwood) upstream to the forks.
- North Fork Stillaguamish River: Closed from the mouth upstream to the mouth of French Creek.
- South Fork Stillaguamish River: Closed from the mouth upstream to the Granite Falls Fishway.
- Canyon Creek: Closed from mouth to forks.
- Pilchuck Creek: Closed from mouth to the Highway 9 Bridge.
The closure is in effect Feb. 1 through Feb. 15, 2017, in the following location:
- North Fork Stillaguamish River: Closed from the mouth of French Creek upstream to Swede Heaven Bridge.
Other information: The North Fork Stillaguamish from the mouth of French Creek to the Swede Heaven Bridge is the hatchery terminal area for the Whitehorse Hatchery. This section of river will remain open through January to allow anglers the opportunity to harvest any remaining hatchery summer steelhead. Trout minimum size 14", daily limit 2; other gamefish statewide minimum size and daily limit.
Information Contact: Mill Creek Regional Office, (425) 775-1311.